I have just been reading a friend’s blog, and I really wanted to share some essential truths that she posted:
1. Everyone needs to have a purpose. It can be anything, even something seemingly insignificant.
2. Put your best into your work, whether it’s school or a job.
3. Do NOT put your entire life into your work. We are too often defined by what we do. We should be defined by who we are.
4. Indulge in your hobbies. That’s how you can express who you are. (Not by writing a paper on Neo-Confucianism…which is what I have to do today.)
5. Above all: Strive for balance in your life, in everything you do.